Brian and Laura Friedrich FCPA, Friedrich & Friedrich
BUILDING AN ETHICS BASED CULTURE:
Conversations in the Boardroom and in the Hallways
Brian Friedrich, LL.M, MEd, C.Dir, FCPA, FCGA
Laura Friedrich, MSc, FCPA, FCGA
Organizations with strong ethics-based cultures are significantly less prone to misconduct. Driving the right culture is part of our professional responsibility, and is key to organizational success, but culture can be elusive and dynamic. In this course, we’ll explore promoting culture through examining typical conversations that go on at the board table and in day-to-day operations throughout the organization.
We’ll also hear thoughts on building and maintaining an ethics-based culture from respected colleagues and experts in the field.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
• Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Review questions are included on the handouts tab. Please print the review questions and, when appropriate after a module has finished, complete the appropriate review question.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• A MINIMUM 70% PASS RATE is required to pass the course.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
Module 1: Evaluate how demonstrating a genuine commitment to the tone at the top is a key driver of ethical culture in organizations.
Module 2: Challenge the idea that healthy alignment means total agreement among the leadership team.
Module 3: Explain different types of diversity and support the business case for diversity on boards and in senior management.
Module 4: Explain the systems that senior leadership must establish in order to develop and support an ethics-based culture in the organization that aligns with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
Module 5: Explain the importance of accountability for decision-making in an ethics context and determine appropriate qualitative and quantitative metrics to monitor culture.
Module 6: Illustrate how the “mood in the middle” amplifies the “tone at the top” and explain how employees at all levels of the organization can reframe situations to present a more compelling argument for ethical decision-making.
Module 7: Compare and contrast diversity and inclusion and illustrate how organizations can thrive by achieving an inclusive culture.
Module 8: Outline how middle managers can use the tools available to them to foster and develop an ethics-based culture within their teams.
Module 9 and 10: Apply the experience of colleagues to your own role as an ethical leader.
Thanks to the following experts for participating in this course:
Patricia Harned Ph.D, CEO, Ethics & Compliance Initiative
Vivian Li, CPA, CA, CIA, Internal Auditor, PGT BC
Serge Massad, Investment Advisor, National Bank Financial
Richard Rennie, CPA, CA, CFO and Executive Director, PGT BC
Catherine Romanko, MA, LLB, Public Guardian and Trustee, PGT BC
David Ross, FCPA, FCA, Chair of CPA Canada's Unified Rules Standing Committee
Joy Thomas, MBA, C.Dir, FCPA, FCMA, CEO, CPA Canada
THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY APPROVED BY:
The Law Society of British Columbia
Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC)
Human Resources Certification Institute
2.5 HRCI CREDITS
This activity, ID No. 392131, has been approved for 2.50 Business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
FP CANADA PRACTICE MANAGEMENT 2.5 CE CREDITS
This CE activity has been approved by FP Canada as meeting the minimum requirements for CE Approval as outlined within FP Canada's Continuing Education Guidelines. The views and opinions expressed in this presentation are those of the presenter/content author and do not necessarily reflect the views of FP Canada
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
Please purchase course to view content