Jordan Wilson, CFA, CPA, CA, CFP
A RISKY BUSINESS: Risk Management Tools for Professionals
This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
This course has accompanying handouts - see the handouts tab after purchasing the course.
RISK. Maybe you manage a business. Audit companies. Prepare financial or management accounting data. Work on insolvencies, business valuations, or mergers and acquisitions. Perhaps you advise clients on their accounting, financial, investing, or legal affairs. Or you just analyze potential investments on your own account.
Regardless of what you do, identifying, assessing and managing risk plays a crucial role in your daily life.
And that is this course. How to strengthen your business and investment risk knowledge so that you can successfully identify, assess, and manage those risks in your career and personal affairs. No doubt you already have a decent grasp of risk. Maybe from an accounting, financial, or legal perspective. That’s a good start. And the content assumes you do have some knowledge of the topic. Jordan Wilson brings significant experience in accounting, finance, fiduciary, and risk management in sharing his knowledge of risk management. During the course, he and a few industry experts, discuss business and investment risk. Likely a little deeper and from slightly different perspectives than you have dealt with previously. The intent is to have you finish with some food for thought, as well as a few pieces of new information that will allow you to better deal with risk.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
• Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Review questions are included on the handouts tab. Please print the review questions and, when appropriate after a module has finished, complete the appropriate review question.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• A MINIMUM 70% PASS RATE is required to pass the course.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
1. Differentiate between pure and investment risk.
2. Define risk aversion and understand why investors are risk averse.
3. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of standard deviation as a risk measure.
4. Define, compare, and cite examples of, systematic and non-systematic risks.
5. Understand how to assess systematic and nonsystematic risks in both investment and business analysis.
6. Define liquidity risk and describe its key variables.
7. Compare and contrast liquidity risk factors in businesses, physical assets, and financial instruments.
8. Understand the keys when assessing liquidity in publicly traded, bankable assets.
9. Describe the general risk-return relationship and understand when it may not be applicable.
10. Define the main methods that individuals and businesses manage risk.
11. Explain how good investors manage risk in their investment portfolios.
12. Understand how asset allocations, diversification, and correlations are crucial in prudent portfolio construction.
EXPERT INTERVIEWS - thanks to our expert guests
Cal Jacober, Assurance Partner with PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
Johanna Salloum, Director of Investments and Partner with PFM Capital.
Michele Morley, President, Spirit Pine Energy, a Canadian CPA CA with over 25 years experience in public accounting, insolvency, and as an entrepreneur
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email email@example.com if you require assistance.
Please purchase course to view content