Brian Friedrich FCPA and Laura Friedrich FCPA
ProDio mobile audio courses are formal learning in bite-sized audio modules, created by expert instructors and include learning outcomes, handouts, learning assessments, additional media, scenarios, analogies and guest experts. Download and take your course mobile with the free ProDio app for Android and iPhone - wherever, whenever, hands and eyes free! Once completed, evaluate the course and download your completion certificate (which is stored under your profile).
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
Organizations with strong ethics-based cultures are significantly less prone to misconduct. Driving the right culture is part of our professional responsibility, and is key to organizational success, but culture can be elusive and dynamic. In this course, you will hear typical scenarios that take place at the boardroom table and less formal conversations that happen in the hallways. We will also hear thoughts on building and maintaining an ethics-based culture from respected colleagues and experts in the field.
Through these scenarios and interviews, we’ll explore promoting culture through examining typical conversations that go on at the board table and in day-to-day operations throughout the organization.
EXPERT INTERVIEWS: Thanks to the following experts for participating in this course:
Patricia Harned Ph.D, CEO, Ethics & Compliance Initiative
Vivian Li, CPA, CA, CIA, Internal Auditor, PGT BC
Serge Massad, Investment Advisor, National Bank Financial
Richard Rennie, CPA, CA, CFO and Executive Director, PGT BC
Catherine Romanko, MA, LLB, Former Public Guardian and Trustee, PGT BC
David Ross, FCPA, FCA, Chair of CPA Canada's Unified Rules Standing Committee
Joy Thomas, MBA, C.Dir, FCPA, FCMA, Former President & CEO, CPA Canada
1. Identify the importance of demonstrating a genuine commitment to the tone at the top as a key driver of ethical culture in organizations.
2. Negate the idea that healthy alignment means total agreement among the leadership team.
3. Identify different types of diversity and support the business case for diversity on boards and in senior management.
4. Identify the systems that senior leadership must establish in order to develop and support an ethics-based culture in the organization that aligns with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
5. Determine appropriate qualitative and quantitative metrics that monitor culture and help provide accountability for decision-making in an ethics context.
6. Identify how the “mood in the middle” amplifies the “tone at the top” and determine how employees at all levels of the organization can reframe situations to present a more compelling argument for ethical decision-making.
7. Distinguish diversity from inclusion and identify how organizations can thrive by achieving an inclusive culture.
8. Determine how middle managers can use the tools available to them to foster and develop an ethics-based culture within their teams.
9. Determine how the experience of colleagues can be applied to your own role as an ethical leader.
MEETS THE STANDARDS OF:
CPA Ontario (Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario)
CPA Alberta (Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta)
CPA BC (Chartered Professional Accountants British Columbia)
CPA MB (Chartered Professional Accountants Manitoba)
CPA NB (Chartered Professional Accountants New Brunswick)
CPA NS (Chartered Professional Accountants Nova Scotia)
CPA PEI (Chartered Professional Accountants Prince Edward Island)
CPA Saskatchewan (Chartered Professional Accountants Saskatchewan)
CPA NL (CPA Newfoundland & Labrador)
CPA Quebec (Ordre des CPA du Québec)
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
Please purchase course to view content