Greater Vancouver REALTORS
BUSINESS ETIQUETTE FOR REALTORS®
ProDio mobile audio courses are formal learning in bite-sized audio modules, created by expert instructors and include learning outcomes, handouts, learning assessments, additional media, scenarios, analogies and guest experts. Download and take your course mobile with the free ProDio app for Android and iPhone - wherever, whenever, hands and eyes free! Once completed, evaluate the course and download your completion certificate (which is stored under your profile).
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
Did you know that many REALTOR® to REALTOR® complaints involve simple business etiquette irritants? In real estate, these things can not only affect your reputation with your colleagues and your clients, but can have a direct and lasting impact on your success as a real estate professional.
This 60-minute course will highlight some best practices to follow in your interactions with your clients and other REALTORS® to help ensure that you give yourself the best chance of success in your transactions, and also in your longer-term business relationships. Learn how to deal effectively with conflict, and hear some top tips on how to provide outstanding service to your clients which can lead to referrals and “clients for life.”
GVR's Professional and Business Standards Director and “Ethics Guy®” Kim Spencer will lead you through some critical “Do’s and Don’ts” of real estate etiquette. You’ll learn from the mistakes of others and hear some “secrets to success” from some highly-respected and successful REALTORS®.
EXPERT GUESTS (in order of appearance)
• Phil Moore, Past President of the Greater Vancouver Realtors®
• Sandra Wyant, Successful REALTOR® and Former President of the Greater Vancouver Realtors®
• Tom Everett, Successful Long Time REALTOR®
• Ashley Smith, Successful REALTOR® and Past President of the Greater Vancouver Realtors®
• Craig Munn, Communications Manager, Greater Vancouver Realtors®
• Richard Collins, Real Estate Trainer and former Managing Broker
• Paul Penner, Successful REALTOR®, Real Estate Trainer and former President of FVREB
• Christian Butzek, Successful REALTOR® and Educator
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe why business etiquette, good communication and basic courtesy is important within real estate practice.
- Identify the “Golden Rule” of the REALTOR® Code.
- Identify 5 common Realtor-to-Realtor complaints.
- Describe how poor professional courtesy and etiquette reflects badly both on the individual practitioner, and on the profession as a whole.
- Identify best practices to follow if using social media.
- Describe the benefits (to you and your clients) of effective cooperation with your colleagues.
- List 3 common causes of conflict in a transaction.
- Describe how to deal professionally and effectively with conflict.
- Describe the value of identifying your clients’ expectations.
- List the 2 most important REALTOR® attributes to clients as identified in a recent CREA survey
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: Licensed REALTORS®
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). App is not supported on iPad. Use the Safari web browser.
• Our recommended web browser is GOOGLE CHROME for best performance. Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer..
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
MINIMUM PASS RATE: A final result of 70% or more is required to pass the course.
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
TESTIMONIALS FROM REALTORS
"Fantastic course and fun to listen to. The different snippets from various professionals broke up the content and make it more enjoyable to work through all the material. Great job Kim et al in putting this together."
"Great and informative way to enjoy a cup of coffee and morning sunrise :)"
"Very well represented Course by Kim and all colleagues who spoke."
"What a great & effective course that I can finish at my own pace with great depth of learning materials!!"
"Thank you absolutely great course. Should be mandatory for all Realtors. Thanks Kim!"
"I found this to be EXCELLENT and totally Relevant! Should be a Mandatory course. Well Done Kim Spencer and REBGV. And Thank you so much!"