Raghad Ebied PhD. (current) MSc. B.Ed
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
In this course, you will be able to recognize the importance of intercultural leadership and identify how to acknowledge and address bias and racism in the workplace. You will learn how to identify appropriate and inappropriate behaviours, attitudes or comments by learning about the cultural competence continuum. You will identify techniques for listening and creating inclusion and belonging by learning about the importance of vulnerability and courage, being present, as well as cultivating empathy. Finally, you will have the opportunity to recognize the commonalities of leadership across cultures and identify important considerations for the future of intercultural leadership including compassion.
NOTE: This course is about being an effective leader in diverse contexts with team members from a variety of cultures and backgrounds. This calls for respect and an authentic desire to learn to be a better leader to diverse teams. You may find this course to be challenging at times, as it encourages each participant to examine, re-evaluate and change long-held beliefs, biases, assumptions and behaviours.
In this course you will learn how to:
• Recognize the importance of intercultural leadership and identify the role of personal cultural frameworks in one’s interactions with others.
• Identify appropriate and inappropriate behaviours, attitudes or comments by learning about the cultural competence continuum.
• Identify techniques to acknowledge and address one’s own internal racial bias and racism by discussing self-awareness, values and culture.
• Determine techniques to address and manage prejudice and racism in one’s team or workplace.
• Identify techniques for listening and creating inclusion and belonging by learning about the importance of vulnerability and courage, being present, as well as cultivating empathy.
• Recognize the commonalities of leadership and important considerations for the future of intercultural leadership including compassion.
EXPERT GUESTS (in order of appearance)
• Dr. Carolyn M. Shields, PhD. Professor of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
• Mohammed Hammoud, Director, AutoData Solutions; Founder, Desire2Lead Consultant in leadership development, diversity and inclusion, Ontario, Canada
• Dharshi Lacey, Director, Diversity & Governance, Pillar Nonprofit Network, Ontario, Canada
• Eaman Fahmy, Inclusive Program Designer, Pillar Nonprofit Network, Ontario, Canada
• Saleha Khan, Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, Peel Regional Police, Peel Ontario, Canada
• Doriana Rosati, System Principal, Thames Valley District School Board, Ontario, Canada
• Hanadi Chehabeddine, Diversity & Inclusion Trainer, Keynote Speaker & Consultant, Minnisota, USA
• Janet Frood, Executive, Leadership & Team Coach, Ontario, Canada
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: None
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). App is not supported on iPad. Use the Safari web browser.
• Our recommended web browser is GOOGLE CHROME for best performance. Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
MINIMUM PASS RATE: A final result of 70% or more is required to pass the course.
HUMAN RESOURCES CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE (HRCI) RECERTIFICATION CREDITS
This Program, ID No. 552538, has been approved for 2.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email email@example.com if you require assistance.
Click here to access course content