Russell Cullingworth MBA
AVERAGE RATING 4.57 out of 5 NUMBER OF RATINGS RECEIVED 191
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
In the words of author and business coach Ken Blanshard, “The key to successful leadership today is Influence, not Authority”. In this course, we talk to experts as we explore this concept of influence and why it is so important to long-term success in leadership. This course will expand your understanding of this word “Influence” and provide you with a practical understanding and tools to improve your ability to develop interpersonal influence in leadership.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: In this course, you will learn
• What is influence and why is it important?
• To understand the difference between Influence and Authority
• The 4 recognized competencies of Emotional Intelligence
• 4 Possible Influencing Scenarios
• Robert Cialdini's 6 Levers of Influence
• Psychological preference as a model for influencing
• The 4 basic psychological styles
• Push vs Pull Leadership
• The 5-step practical model for influencing
EXPERTS: Includes interviews with:
Marshall Goldsmith, Best-selling Author and world-renowned Executive Coach
Chris Widener, Author, International Speaker and Business Coach
Roz Savage, Speaker, Author, Solo Ocean Rower with 4 World Records
John David Mann, NYT Best-selling Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
Karen Wright, Parachute Executive Coaching, Author, "The Accidental Alpha Woman"
Mark Goulston, Highly recognized Psychiatrist, Speaker, Coach and Author
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). App is not supported on iPad. Use the Safari web browser.
• Our recommended web browser is GOOGLE CHROME for best performance.
• Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Review questions are included on the handouts tab. Please print the review questions and, when appropriate after a module has finished, complete the appropriate review question.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
HUMAN RESOURCES CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE (HRCI) RECERTIFICATION CREDITS
This activity, ID No. 552519, has been approved for 2 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
MINIMUM PASS RATE: A final result of 70% or more is required to pass the course.
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email email@example.com if you require assistance.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PROFESSIONALS:
"That was the most interesting course I have taken in years! Thank you Russell Cullingworth. I am motivated to change my summer reading list to your top book recommendations and will be signing up for your quarterly e-magazine."
"Really enjoyed the content, presentation, and value particularly that of the second module. Definitely felt much of the content was very applicable to my own self development and work environment. I particularly appreciated the time spent to describe how to become more influential and not just what is influence without any pragmatic strategies on how to achieve this. Great work, Russell, and thank you!"
"Course added value to my growth and development and served as a message to really understand others before trying to influence them"
"Excellent course - presented very effectively. The experiences and examples used were interesting and relatable - in particular Russell's personal story. There is a lot covered in the course, some elements of which I was previously familiar with - but it was put together in a way that really engaged me to want to learn more and develop in the area of emotional intelligence. thank you!"
"I was pleasantly surprised by the course. I've taken a course on influencing at my workplace which focused on reciprocity of information, assistance, etc. I'm surprised that your course is teaching people that real influence comes from being a good person, caring about others and earning their trust. Very good!"
"Great course! I wish I would have been more in tune with this learning material earlier in my career. It would have helped me to be more confident in my management style, which has leaned towards one of influence in a positive manner with more confidence that it was the right thing to do."
Click here to access course content