ID Theft, Fraud & Cyber Crime
Kelley Keehn, Author & Speaker
PROTECTING YOUR CLIENT: Avoiding Identity Theft, Fraud and Cyber-Crime
This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
Award winning and best-selling author, Kelley Keehn, will guide listeners through the ever-changing world of identity theft, fraud and cyber-crime. This course will teach you how to protect your client by identifying the latest scams, threats and trends.
You’ll learn the red flags along with real case stories and examples, so you and your clients can better spot current and future scams. This course will explore, in-depth, how to protect yourself from ID theft, how it starts, what the dark web is, how government and companies aren’t safeguarding your info, (and neither are we at times), how to quickly laser in on cyber scams, stay safe online and so much more.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
• Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Review questions are included on the handouts tab. Please print the review questions and, when appropriate after a module has finished, complete the appropriate review question.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• A MINIMUM 70% PASS RATE is required to pass the course.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
- Recent trends and popular scams (grandparent scam,ransomware, crypto-jacking, investment scams)
- Tips from Canadian Anti Fraud Centre to avoid scams and fraud
- Identifying Red flags for employee theft and embezzlement
- Understanding credit cards and debit cards and your cardholder agreement
- Tips from the Financial Consumer Agency on protecting your PIN
- How to recognize and avoid Identity Theft and Child Identity Theft
- Understanding malware infection and how to avoid it.
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: None
EXPERT INTERVIEWS: Thanks to our experts:
Jessica Gunson, Call Centre and Intake Manager with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
Jennifer Fiddian Green, Forensic Accountant with Grant Thornton
Daniel Tobok, CEO of Cytelligence
Adam Levin, Author "Swiped: How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Phishers and Identity Thieves"
Robert Siciliano, CEO of idtheftsecurity.com
Devin Jones, Head Writer and Social Media Producer at Canadian Fraud News
Cameron Field, formerly Detective Staff Sergeant and Manager, Investigative Training at the Toronto Police and now Manager, Strategic Initiatives at BMO Financial Group and a Cyber Fraud Researcher
David Papp, Tech Expert with Microtech
Tara Zecevic, Vice President, Fraud Prevention & Identity Management Practice with Equifax Canada Co.
Lucie Tedesco, Commissioner of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
FP CANADA FINANCIAL PLANNING 2.0 CREDITS
This CE activity has been approved by FP Canada as meeting the minimum requirements for CE Approval as outlined within FP Canada's Continuing Education Guidelines. The views and opinions expressed in this presentation are those of the presenter/content author and do not necessarily reflect the views of FP Canada.
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
To successfully complete your course: Listen to all modules fully and ensure that all modules and quizzes are marked as complete, then complete the final quiz and proceed to finish the course and download your completion certificate.
Please purchase course to view content