AVERAGE RATING 4.49 out of 5 NUMBER OF RATINGS RECEIVED 107
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
Award winning and best-selling author, Kelley Keehn, will guide listeners through the ever-changing world of identity theft, fraud and cyber-crime. This course will teach you how to protect your client by identifying the latest scams, threats and trends.
You’ll learn the red flags along with real case stories and examples, so you and your clients can better spot current and future scams. This course will explore, in-depth, how to protect yourself from ID theft, how it starts, what the dark web is, how government and companies aren’t safeguarding your info, (and neither are we at times), how to quickly laser in on cyber scams, stay safe online and so much more.
• Recent trends and popular scams (grandparent scam,ransomware, crypto-jacking, investment scams)
• Tips from Canadian Anti Fraud Centre to avoid scams and fraud
• Identifying Red flags for employee theft and embezzlement
• Understanding credit cards and debit cards and your cardholder agreement
• Tips from the Financial Consumer Agency on protecting your PIN
• How to recognize and avoid Identity Theft and Child Identity Theft
• Understanding malware infection and how to avoid it.
EXPERT INTERVIEWS: Thanks to our experts:
Jessica Gunson, Call Centre and Intake Manager with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
Jennifer Fiddian Green, Forensic Accountant with Grant Thornton
Daniel Tobok, CEO of Cytelligence
Adam Levin, Author "Swiped: How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Phishers and Identity Thieves"
Robert Siciliano, CEO of idtheftsecurity.com
Devin Jones, Head Writer and Social Media Producer at Canadian Fraud News
Cameron Field, formerly Detective Staff Sergeant and Manager, Investigative Training at the Toronto Police and now Manager, Strategic Initiatives at BMO Financial Group and a Cyber Fraud Researcher
David Papp, Tech Expert with Microtech
Tara Zecevic, Vice President, Fraud Prevention & Identity Management Practice with Equifax Canada Co.
Lucie Tedesco, Commissioner of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE