Kelley Keehn, Author & Speaker
PROTECTING YOUR CLIENT: A Professional's Guide to spotting and understanding the Red Flags of Investment Fraud
This course has accompanying handouts - see the handouts tab after purchasing the course.
Would you have been duped by Bernie Madoff or Earl Jones? Would your client’s have been swindled? Award winning and best-selling author, Kelley Keehn, will guide listeners through the often-devastating world of investment scams. You work hard to help your clients become financially literate and to achieve success with their money. However, fraudsters are lurking around every corner – real and digitally – to take advantage of them. You can help change that! In this course, you’ll learn the trends of investment frauds, hear from government officials and experts that are at the front lines. You will find out the red flags so you can teach your clients, family and friends how to protect themselves so they don’t fall victim to this growing crime.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
• Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Review questions are included on the handouts tab. Please print the review questions and, when appropriate after a module has finished, complete the appropriate review question.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• A MINIMUM 70% PASS RATE is required to pass the course.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
In this course you will learn
- Investment Fraud facts and statistics
- To understand how Ponzi schemes work
- 4 ways that Ponzi Schemes fall apart
- 4 red flags that may indicate a fraudulent investment scheme
- 3 red flags that indicate a collapse of your investment may be imminent
- Understand Binary Options, Offshore or tax-free investment schemes, Securities Fraud, Pump and Dump Schemes
- 7 Tips on Leveraging Risk (case study)
- 8 Action Steps to protect your client and yourself
- 5 questions you should ask your current or new financial advisor or planner
EXPERT INTERVIEWS - thanks to our expert guests:
Cary List, President and CEO, Financial Planning Standards Council
John DeGoey, Certified Financial Planner, portfolio manager and the author of “The Professional Financial Advisor”
Tyler Fleming, Director, Investor Office with the Ontario Securities Commission
Kurt Rosentreter, CPA, CA, CFP, CLU, FCSI, CIMA, President, Upper Canada Capital Inc.
Felicia Gopal, CFP and CFP Board Ambassador
Jordan Wilson, Certified Financial Planner and Portfolio Manager with Wilson Wealth Management.
Marguerita Cheng, CFP and CFP Board Ambassador
FP CANADA FINANCIAL PLANNING 1.0 CREDITS
This CE activity has been approved by FP Canada as meeting the minimum requirements for CE Approval as outlined within FP Canada's Continuing Education Guidelines. The views and opinions expressed in this presentation are those of the presenter/content author and do not necessarily reflect the views of FP Canada.
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email email@example.com if you require assistance.
Please purchase course to view content