Erica Franken BA MA
PUBLICATION DATE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
REVIEW DATE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2021
EXPIRY DATE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2023
CPE CREDITS: 3.0
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.” Sigmund Freud
What is conflict and what is about conflict that makes us do anything to avoid it? When conflict is avoided, the consequences of unaddressed emotions and frustrations become even more severe.
This is not your average conflict management course. “From the Inside Out” refers to our inner workings, emotions and perceptions - what is happening inside us during conflict. This course will reveal how our own inner conflict significantly impacts our ability to effectively manage external conflicts. Conflict expert Erica Franken and her guests cover not only the fundamentals of conflict but lead you through an in-depth exploration of your own inner conflict - how you are personally affected by conflict and what you can do to optimize your experience and that of others in difficult situations.
You will learn about the connection of science, health, psychology and strategy of conflict management that will change your understanding of, and perspective toward conflict, and leave you empowered by the end of the course. Expert contributions from thought leaders and industry experts will enhance your learning experience.
EXPERT GUESTS (in order of appearance)
• Brin Hamilton, BA, MA (Conflict Analysis and Managment), Ahimsa Mediation and Consulting, Associate Faculty Member Royal Roads University, Victoria
• Colin Pal, Founder of
• , Ph.D., Professor of Leadership and Organizational Development at Beedie School of Business at SFU, Author "Clear Leadership"
• Tana Heminsley, EMBA, PCC, Founder of
• Chris Edgelow, BA, MA, Change Management Consultant, Founder,
• James Hoggan, JD, President, Hoggan and Associates
LEARNING OUTCOMES In this course you will learn how to:
• Define a conflict
• Identify and recognize when a conflict is present in your life
• Recognize the warnings signs of an amygdala hijack and determine its impact on your well-being
• Determine and identify how your subconscious beliefs are formed
• Recognize how your beliefs are influencing your conflicts
• Identify beliefs that are negatively impacting your conflicts
• Distinguish the difference between our reactions in conflict and our core values
• Define, recognize and identify the benefits of emotional resilience
• Distinguish between authentic and inauthentic communication
• Identify and establish the personal benefits of authenticity in conflict
• Identify and examine conflict’s potential for creativity
• Distinguish between a conflict that is ready for change and a conflict that is not
• Identify and examine the life cycle of group performance
• Identify and distinguish the role and function of HR in organizations
• Recognize the need for and significance of re-establishing trust once a conflict is resolved
• Recognize the benefits of integrating conflict as a tool of a high functioning organization
• Identify opportunities to create a holistic experience of wellness and excellence at work
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: None
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). App is not supported on iPad. Use the Safari web browser.
• Our recommended web browser is GOOGLE CHROME for best performance. Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer..
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
MINIMUM PASS RATE: A final result of or more is required to pass the course.
HUMAN RESOURCES CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE (HRCI) RECERTIFICATION CREDITS
This Program, ID No. 552533, has been approved for 3.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
Please purchase course to view content